Thursday, December 23, 2004

Dunham Toll Bridge to Newark-on-Trent

Well, after Yesterday's experience we had planned to get up and leave early this morning, but, it was blowing an absolute gale, and we were not sure if we were going to be able to navigate at all. We decide to wait a bit and see if the wind calmed down, which by 10am it had a little, so we set off, being very wary of the corner around Dunham Dubs!

We called ahead to Cromwell Lock, and by the time we got there they had prepared the lock for us to go straight in. It felt good to finally be on non-tidal river at last!

Another day with not many photos being taken, but I did take a couple of photos in Newark about 20 minutes after we had moored up (6pm), as you can see, it was dark, and we had decorated her with some red Christmas lights :)

Click on the image to enlarge itClick on the image to enlarge it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya ##NAME##, just thought I'd say great post titled ##TITLE##. I'm looking for ##LINK## and I ended up here accidentally but I will make sure I return soon. Looking for in addition will keep me busy for a few hours.